Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Turkey is done...

Thanksgiving was good. I went to Baltimore and ate with some of my cousins that live there. It was good to see some family I hadn't seen in a while. I also got to see Becky, Fitz, and Sophie (the GREAT Dane) who were driving through back to N.C. They were my first visitors from out of town to Philly so I hope I did ok showing them around.

Training is going well. I'm contemplating doing the Umstead Trail Marathon instead of the 1/2 marathon in March. We'll see how the next couple of weeks of running go. I'm up to about 30 miles this week. I'm starting to get that "feel" for running again. Finding my old speed will be tough after doing so much plodding around training for Ironman. I swam last night for the first time since I got out of the water in Penticton (3+ months ago!!). It was with a master's group here in the city which should really help my biggest weakness. We swam 3100 yds which for me is really good. It didn't seem that long swimming with other people and having someone tell me what to do. I got some really good coaching already in that first practice.

That's it for now.

No comments: