Thursday, September 6, 2007

Time is on my side

This is my first week at work where I now work from 12:00-8:00 on Tuesday and Thursdays. So far, it's great! Tuesday I was able to sleep in and then got a 2 hour ride in with plenty of time to make lunch and even get to work a couple of minutes early. Today, I slept in again before helping time/count for Alison and her big swim workout which she nailed. Then I got in a nice little run. I do end up working later but it's after most people have left the store and I'm able to get more busy work done with fewer distractions. This scheduling will come in real handy once the days get shorter and I want to do a ride or two a week in the outdoors. I'm defenitely luck to have the felxibility at work to do this!
I talked to all three of the "maternal" figures in my life yesterday! My grandmother on my mom's side is recovering quite nicely from shoulder surgery. My grandmother on my dad's side had a birthday yesterday and sounded as cheery and sweet as ever. I don't get to see either nearly as much as I'd like but it was nice to hear there voices. Oh yeah, and I talked to my mom. No special reason, she just likes to talk alot : ).
Alot of the Inside-Out crew is up in Madison for the Ironman this week. This was the last expo I worked last year before making the move to Philly. Wow! Alot has happened in the last 12 months!

No comments: