Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Uphill Both Ways


On my ride last night, I joined up with the Inside-Out Sports ride. On my short warmup ride to join them, I just felt like I was working much harder than I should have been for the speed I was going. I wrote it off as lingering fatigue from my weekend exertion.


Once I joined up with the group, my legs didn't feel any better. I was hanging at the back and got split from the main group by an over impatient driver. Once they had gone on their way to eat doughnuts and torment some other group of cyclists, I gave my best effort but just couldn't bridge the small gap. My heart rate was through the roof and I was getting a little frustrated. I finally flew the white flag when a typically much slower rider easily cruised by me on a slight downhill. My legs never felt good the entire ride and I was starting to have some serious doubts about racing Powerman Ohio this weekend...


...Until I got home only to realize my rear brakes were off center and jammed against my rim!!!!! You'd have thought one of those people riding my wheel early on might have noticed. Now I don't feel so bad about how poorly I was riding, except that my legs were toast this morning.

No comments: